As part of the new health measures, this page lists the actions and resources put in place by the CMI Rennes, its member establishments, and its partners.
CMI's Online assistance
CMI's padlet: find some online activities
Tips and resources: food, health, mental health, financial aid...
Government and establishments Covid-19 FAQs
CMI's Online assistance
Following the announcements of the French Government, face-to-face appointments are canceled until further notice.
The CMI team remains available to answer your questions!
You may be able to find the information you are looking for in the FAQs.
You still have some questions or you need help on your personal situation?
> If you are a Ph.D student or researcher, please send an email to email@example.com
> If you are a student (Lincence and Master), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The team will respond to you within 48 hours (except weekends and public holidays).
To stay up to date with CMI news and online events offered by its partners, you can join CMI's Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages.
Some resources to watch, read, discuss, learn french, make sport, have fun...
Purple resources should be English users friendly.
Tips & resources:
- If your higher education institution has provided you with a student email address, remember to check it regularly.
- If you are not in Rennes yet, but you are planning to come to France soon, find out about your rights and obligations depending on your country of origin. Check Campus France website or the France government website.
- An exemption certificate (in English) can be found on the French government website: download the certificate.
- The curfew is currently in effect from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. (01/20)
Health and mental health:
- How and where to get screened for Covid-19 as a student? go to this news reporting on the testing centers set up since January 25, 2021
- If you need psychological assistance, or just to talk to someone, the health services (BAPU, SSU, CHGR) are mobilized and have a hotline for students from Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. 02.99.30.81.24 (in French, English and Spanish). You can also reach them on weekends from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at 07.66.20.80.23
- A free phone number has been set up by the Ministry of Health. You can reach it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0800 130 000 (mostly French speakers. Can't tell you if someone would be able to answer you in English at any time)
- The psysolidaires.org website allows you to be put in touch with a psychologist within 24 to 48 hours, by chat, telephone or video, depending on what makes you comfortable.
- Some tips from Santé Publique France (Public Health) to take care of your health during the lockdown: Organize your days (keep a rhythm), do not listen to the news all day, contact your loved ones if you can, help other people in difficulty can do you good too (eg here - Google translated web page), limit alcohol and tobacco consumption.
- Now, you legally can have a walk of 3 hours a day: use it! Getting fresh air has many virtues, including on your sleep: don't forget your certificate.
- Your University SSE (Student Health Service) also can help you. Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm: Univ Rennes 1 - email@example.com or 02.23.23.55.05 /// Univ Rennes 2 - firstname.lastname@example.org or 02.23.23.70.85
- More tips and resources on this website: student-support.info.
Financial, material, food aid:
- If you do not have a computer nor an internet connection to follow the distance learning courses, you can contact your school/university.
- All students can now buy two 1€ meals per day at CROUS restaurants.
- Students can receive free food packages
(3-4 meals), twice a week. More information on the CROUS website
- If you need answers to your questions about your university accommodation
, if you need financial assistance
or social support
, visit the CROUS website (google translated)
- If you're in position of financial insecurity, you can request assistance from the FAHB
to help you purchase food resources, equipment, or the payment of certain invoices: email@example.com
- Covid FAQ from the Ministry of Higher Education (FR)
- Covid FAQ from Fench Government (EN)
- Covid FAQ of Rennes 1 University (EN)
- Covid FAQ of Rennes 2 University (FR)
- Covid FAQ of Rennes 2 University (EN)
- Sciences Po Rennes Covid FAQ (FR)
- Covid FAQ Information for travelers (FR + EN)