Are you an international researcher or PhD student working at one of the CMI member institutions and you've worked in France in 2021? 
You have to fill out your tax return.

The declaration concerns only people who worked in France from 01/01/2021 to 12/31/2021 (people who arrived after are not concerned and will have to fill their first income tax return in 2023).

May 12 Update -  The paper version filing deadline is extended to 5/31  instead of 5/19. 
The CMI Rennes appointment schedule is full. If you need assistance, please contact the Tax department.  

I am filing my taxes for the first time

If you are filling the income tax return for the first time (either you already have a tax number or not), you will have to complete your first paper income tax return and tick the ‘Vous déposez une déclaration pour la première fois’ option, attach a copy of your passport and residence permit as well as an IBAN.

You can get the tax form (printed 2042) online. After completing it, signing it and adding all the documents needed, you must send it to the Individual Tax Department before midnight on May 31st 2022 :

Service des impôts des particuliers
2 boulevard Magenta
BP 12301

I am NOT filing my taxes for the first time

If you have already filed your income tax return in previous years and already have a tax number, you must file your income tax return online at before midnight on May 31st 2022. 

Maybe, your online return is already pre-filled. Before you validate it, you must check the information and, if necessary, correct and complete it.
Note: With France Connect, you can also log in on the impôts website using one of your french digital identities (e.g AMELI account)

> Download the help sheet on how to fill your tax return online

Your income tax notice (avis d’imposition sur le revenu) will be available in your taxes personal account in August or September 2022.

Income tax return helpdesk with the CMI

Are you an international researcher or doctoral student employed in one of the member institutions or partners of the CMI? If you are struggling to file your income tax return or if you have questions about your tax situation, the CMI will have a tax helpdesk this year. We will assist you in this process and answer your questions as far as possible.

Info: All Income tax return appointment are booked. There is no more slot available at the CMI Rennes. If you need assistance with your tax return, please contact the tax department by email or phone or face-to-face during the opening hours, monday to friday, from 8.45 a.m. to 12 p.m. (no appointment required):
Service des impôts des particuliers
2 boulevard Magenta
BP 12301
35023 RENNES CEDEX 9. 

On the day of the appointment, please bring:

  • copy of passport,
  • visa and/or residence permit,
  • work contract,
  • paylips for 2021,
  • proof of address,
  • IBAN.

If you have a bank account abroad, please prepare the following information: Bank account number, date account was opened, Name and address of your bank.

More information

> Downlad the information sheet  "Income Tax 2022 in France"
> Tax administration website
> ENSAP website to access salary slips and tax certificates issued by the employer (public sector employees)
> To contact the CMI's EURAXESS Service, click here