Since its foundation in 2017, IMT Atlantique has offered engineering programs and doctoral programs. The some odd 160 professors/researchers at Rennes Campus are divided into 9 departments where they conduct poignant research in every sector related to information and communication technologies. They’re represented in 4 competitive centres (Images & réseaux, Mer Bretagne, ID4Car and Valorial) that gather an entire scientific skill set from these departments.
- 160 professors/researchers
- 1,169 students including:
- 780 engineering students
- 210 doctoral students
- 125 specialised Master’s students
- 54 Masters of Science
- 3 research laboratories (2 CNRS laboratories and 1 INSERM laboratory)
- 3 campuses (Brest, Rennes, and Toulouse)
- Engineering Standard programme – enrolment after CPGE
- Engineer: Learning through apprenticeship – enrolment after DUT/BTS
- Specialised Masters
- Research oriented and Vocational Masters
- Masters of science
IMT Atlantique has a distinctly international outlook and offers programmes abroad in Mexico, Syria, Morocco, and Vietnam. Overall, Rennes campus has up to 45% of international students registered for its courses, representing 55 foreign countries, and maintains about thirty partnerships with foreign universities. Engineering students are given every opportunity to spend time abroad in the course of their studies. IMT Atlantique’s 70 academic partnerships provide opportunities for student exchanges over five different continents. Every year, about 150 students go abroad, mostly for a semester of study, but some also work as interns or complete a joint degree (1 – 2 years). Fluency in the English language, a European level B2 in a second foreign language, and a minimum 3-month stay abroad are mandatory for all engineering graduates.