Non EU researchers and PhD students with Passeport Talent Chercheur status

Passeport talent chercheur

You are a Non EU researchers or PhD student and wish to stay for more than 3 months in France, you must have permission to remain and apply for a residence permit in France with the Préfecture.
The CMI Rennes provide help and support with entry and residence procedures.

To be granted a  "passeport talent chercheur" status, the applicant must fulfill the following conditions:

  • have signed a "hosting agreement" with the host university (see below)
  • be the holder of at least a Master's degree (obtained in France or in another country)
  • Contract of Employment  with host university/higher education school or posted worker

To find out about how to obtain a "passeport talent chercheur" visa and what documents you will need to apply, go to the relevant consulate web site or contact the nearest French Consulate.

For information purposes, the following documents will always be required:

  • A valid passport for a least 6 months
  • The passport must have several unused pages to allow the visa sticker to be added.
  • The "hosting" agreement, which should be the only supporting document requested
  • Several identity photographs (the number may vary)

Passeport talent chercheur/Family residence permit

You can now apply on the ANEF webform for a “Talent Passport” [Passeport Talent] residence permit. 

> If you are concerned with how to apply online, click here.

DCEM / REPORT A new home postal address / Report a lost or stolen French Residence Permit:

Application online, follow the steps below to apply for a DCEM / Report a new home postal address or a lost or stolen residence permit. 

Click here. 


List of the different types of visas issues to non-EEA nationals :


> The "hosting agreement"

> Short-stay visas

> Long-stay visas

> "Scientist" status residence permit