The Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Bretagne (ENSAB) is one of the 20 French national schools of architecture under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. It is entrusted with the delivery of the Diploma of Architectural Studies (DEEA) conferring the degree of Bachelor and the State Diploma of Architecture (DEA) conferring the degree of Master. State-qualified architects can complete their training by obtaining the Habilitation à la Maîtrise d'œuvre en leur Nom Propre "Habilitation to the Mastery of Work in its Own Name" (HMONP) or by enrolling in the doctoral cycle by joining the research laboratory "Groupe de Recherche sur l'Invention et l'Évolution des Formes" (GRIEF). In accordance with the public service mission of higher education, ENSAB's aim is also to provide ongoing training for architecture professionals.
- 638 students, including 297 in the Bachelor's program, 277 in the Master's program, 4 PhD students, 60 HMONP
- 69 teachers
- 41 employees
ENSAB provides education according to the European LMD system:
- Licence/Bachelor - 3 years _ Diploma of Architectural Studies (DEEA) conferring the grade of Licence of Architectural Studies
- Master's degree - 2 years _ State Architect Diploma (DEA) conferring the grade of Master's degree
- Doctorate - 3 years _ original and formative research project in the field of architecture _ diploma BAC +8
And complementary training:
- Professional training, with the Habilitation to the Mastery of Work in its Own Name (HMONP), necessary to register with the Council of the Order of Architects
- Continuing education, intended for practicing architects with state diplomas and DPLG/HMONP
ENSAB's network of partner institutions currently includes 23 European institutions and 13 institutions from other continents.
This network allows students to study abroad mainly in M1, but also in L3 and M2. These mobility programs preferably last a full academic year to allow for a better immersion in the culture of the chosen country.
- In 2020-2021, 41 students went on mobility in Europe as part of the Erasmus+ program.
- The majority of ENSAB's partners are European (23 institutions): Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- In addition, 13 exchange agreements exist between ENSAB and partner institutions located outside Europe, such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China and Mexico.